Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kiln Creature

    I liked making a kiln creature and I also found it relativley easy too. I made a little pig out out clay. I thought that the pig ended up looking decent, but kind of a weird shape. Other than that I would say the pig turned out pretty well. The ears gave me trouble at first because they dried before I finished molding them since they were so small. I also gave the pig feet but they kind of got smooshed when I put him standing up right so the feet didnt really turn out. If I was to do this project over again I would probably just glaze the pigs eyes on instead of making it eye sockets and not giving it any eyes, but the eyes looked really creepy when they were on it so he just ended up with eye sockets with no eyes. I wouldn't say the pig was difficult at all to complete, if anything it would be shaping it. I learned that if you procrastinate for three days, something will finally come to you and it won't turn out too bad, you just don't have very long to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment