Friday, May 31, 2013

Water Colors!

           


            I liked the first flower that I painted (which was the middle one) and then the other ones look like absolute crap. The daisy doesn't even look like a daisy, and neither does the sunflower! The petals are way too huge for the daisy and the petals for the sunflower are way too small. The tulip actually resembles a tulip, which is good I guess since I was trying to paint a tulip, but the other flowers suck, a lot. The only thing that worked about this piece was the tulip, everything else didn't work. If I was to do this project again I would throw out the two flowers on either side of the tulip and probably paint different types of flowers or try to use the same flowers again. The most difficult part of this piece was having to wait for the paper to dry before you could paint again or else the paint will bleed and mess everything up!! This happened to my sunflower. For my daisy, I tried to shade using orange but I didn't alwats wait for it to dry and it ruined the paper that I was painting on. The most difficult part of this piece was painting without outlining it first. I learned that water color painting is great if you know how to use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment